- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Some amazingly delicious cookies that are sure to win over even the most stubborn cookie-critique.
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg, Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with foil and spray with a nonstick vegetable spray like Pam.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl add butter and sugar. Beat to form a grainy paste, then add egg and vanilla. Finally, add the flour mixture until just blended...DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto foiled baking sheep leaving 2 1/2 inches in between cookies as they flatten fully. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool completely then peel off cookies with fingers. Be sure to respray baking sheets between batches.
- Some like these cookies really thin and crispy, others like them a bit fatter and chewier. To make them different just put more or less batter on the sheet prior to baking
- A good twist is to take these out halfway through, let them cool slightly then roll them into cylinders. They can then be dipped into melted chocolate and fully cooled.
- After the cookies cool completely melt some chocolate chips, put the melted chocolate in a small ziplock, cut a small hole in one quarter then squeeze some chocolate onto the cooled cookies! if the chocolate doesn't cool quick enough toss them into the fridge for a few minutes.