- Food and Cooking»
- Food For Kids
This easy meal is a nice alternative to regular lasagne. Reduced amounts of cheese and replacing ricotta with Neufchatel makes it a more inexpensive meal.
- 8 whole wheat lasagne noodles
- 24 oz Bottled Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 8 oz Neufchatel Cheese
- 1/2 cup Part Skim Mozarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup 2% Cheddar, shredded
- Cook lasagne noodles according to package. Drain and rinse with cool water
- While noodles are cooking, fry ground beef and drain.
- Add softened Neufchatel to the ground beef. Continue cooking over low - medium heat.
- Continue cooking until beef and cream cheese are well blended. Add small amounts of spaghetti sauce to pan to help the mixture become smooth.
- In a 9 x 13 glass pan, add 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Stretch one noodle out and beginning about 1 inch from the end of the noodle, spoon about 1/4 cup of the beef mixture onto the length of the noodle. Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar (save some for the top of the dish)
- Roll the noodle up towards the bare 1 inch end (this space allows room for the mixture if it expands) and place it in the pan.
- Repeat with all of the remaining noodles.
- Cover the lasagne wheels with the remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with left over cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes.