Lassi- Favorite Drink of Summer
Yogurt and Its Benefits
Yogurt is a dairy product that is made from fermented milk. It is related to the term ‘probiotics’ which mean ‘supports and is for life’. It is a valuable health food for both children and elderly people. It is a rich source of protein and calcium. It cures many diseases.
Benefit of Curd- It has a lot of nutritional value and benefits, some of them are as follow-
- It is easier to digest than milk.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- - The bacteria in curd help in digesting food. In fact it strengthens the digestive system.
- - It is also beneficial in constipation.
- - It is a rich source of calcium that minimises the risk of colon cancer.
- - It is beneficial for osteoporosis patients.
- - It lowers the high cholesterol level.
- - Having rich Calcium, yogurt is also good for bone and teeth.
- - It also helps in reducing the vaginal infection.
- - It decreases the yeast infection.
- It prevents stomach infection.
- Also useful in diarrhea.
- It reduces acidity.
Lassi- Lassi is a popular yogurt based drink. It is as healthy and nutritious as yogurt. In India, it is the most famous summer drink. It is a hot weather refreshment. It is one of the easiest drinks to make.
Lassi can be of many types, but below two are the most popular drink of summer-
- Sweet Lassi
- Salty Lassi(Chaas)
The method to make sweet/salty lassi are same. There is only a difference of ingredients. In sweet Lassi we add sugar in yogurt while in Salty Lassi we add salt.
Salty Lassi- Salty Lassi is very good for digestion and keeps body cool in hot summer. It is usually made by fat less yogurt,so it is beneficial for calorie conscious people. It also does not need sugar.
Yogurt- 2 cup
Water- 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
Salt- According to taste
Mix water and salt to yogurt and blend it till frothy. Now add cumin seeds and ice cube to it. Your Salty Lassi is ready to serve.
Ingredients of Sweet Lassi
- 250 gram Yogurt
- 3-5 teas spoons Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Ice Cube
- Clotted Cream
Directions for Sweet Lassi/ Salty Lassi
- First add water, ice cube and sugar to yogurt.
- Now blend until forth appears.
- Pour it into glasses and put clotted cream on the top.
- Garnish it with cherry.
- Sweet Lassi is ready too serve.
Nutritional Benefit in Yogurt (Per 100 gram)
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|