- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Laurie's Chicken Enchiladas
A few years ago I made a similar recipe that was given to me and recently I found an enchilada recipe that sounded really good but I didn't have everything for it. Now I needed to use the ingredients I had and brainstorm for the remainder ingredients! Serve with some nachos on the side to pick up what falls off, yumm!!
6 servings Preheat oven to 400
Frontera Red Enchilada Sauce
Mexican cheese (2 pkgs)
Chicken tenders, (3-4 pkgs) cut in half or thirds
Cream cheese, (cubed, about 6-8 chunks)
1 tsp Cilantro
Onion, half (sliced thin)
Soft Tortilla shells
Tomato, half of it diced
1 tsp Garlic Pepper
2 Tblsp olive oil
2 Tblsp milk
1. Cut your chicken tenders and put to the side, slice your onion and in a small bowl combine with cilantro, onion and garlic pepper. In a sprayed and hot wok (or skillet) add oil, then add cilantro combo until onion is almost transparent then top with chicken.
2. After mixing chicken add half of the enchilada sauce with a pinch more of cilantro and let simmer for about 15 minutes then add cream cheese. Combine all til cheese is melted and let sit for five minutes off the burner.
3. After combining the tomato and one pkg of Mexican cheese and milk, (I put it in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to melt it well without boiling).
4. While that sits, use other pkg of cheese and add to bottom of shell, top with chicken and fold with seam down. Once you have folded all shells, top with rest of enchilada sauce and tomato/ cheese mixture.
Put into oven for no longer than 10 minutes.