- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Lazy Cake Recipe
This recipe is perfect if you are in a hurry, need dessert but do not want to spend a lot of time in kitchen, craving chocolate yet lazy, or whenever surprised with a last minute guests.
It only takes 15 minutes to prepare. Kids love it as a snack, and adults enjoy it with coffee or tea. Between you and me, this is not an actual cake. That’s why it’s called Lazy Cake.
Note: Check out some of the health facts about butter at the end of this hub.
This is the cooking book by Julia Child, whome I learned about from the nice movie Julie and Julia.
Watching that movie will just make you crave cooking itslef. It also made me end up buying her very useful cooking book.
3 packs (600g) tea biscuits
5 tablespoons (40g) powdered sugar
4 tablespoons (28g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put tea biscuits in a small bag (sandwich bag) and smash it gently with a pestle until it’s thick crumbs. Make sure to not make it powdered. Keep aside.
2. In a saucepan at low temperature melt butter completely. Turn off heat.
3. Add powdered sugar and mix until completely melted.
4. Add cocoa powder and mix until completely melted.
5. Add one egg at a time and beat it.
6. Add vanilla.
7. Add tea biscuits and mix with until batter is well-blended. Leave aside to cool.
1. You can cut small pieces of foil paper. Put some of the mix in it. Roll it until completely covered and put in fridge to completely cool.
2. Another way: In a plate shape the mix as a pyramid. You can make small pyramids or you can make big ones. No need to cover it. Put in fridge to cool.
I would like to share with you this useful tool.
- Online Conversion - Weight to Volume Cooking Conversion
Convert weight to volume, or volume to weight for various cooking ingredients. Hope you'll find it useful too. Enjoy cooking and baking.
Facts about Butter:
1. Butter was used before as an ointment, medicine, or illuminating oil.
2. Butter fat is 30% monounsaturated fat, which is the same kind of healthful fat found in olive oil and canola oil.
3. Butter is a source of vitamin A, which is an important nutrient for strong bones and teeth and for healthy skin and eyes.
4. Butter contains no trans fatty acids.