Astonishingly Easy Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
Busy Day Meal
This is a wonderfully filling, satisfying recipe. A friend gave me the recipes a few years before I actually tried it. This Ravioli Lasagna recipe had just been sitting there gathering dust until one day I decided "What the heck, I might as well try it".
Was I ever surprised at how good it was. The fact that my family all cleaned their plates, it was easy to make, and absolutely delicious made it one of the families favorite meals.
When you have spent your day working yourself to a frazzle this is a great recipe to throw together for your hungry family. While it is baking you can shower and change into something more comfortable.
Serve it up with Parmesan Casserole Bread (recipe include below) and a side salad and you have a meal that is sure to please.
- 26 oz. jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 3 (13oz) pkgs. frozen ravioli
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 oz. grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in a 9x13" or larger baking pan.
- Arrange one package of ravioli in a single layer.
- Top with 1/2 of the spincah and 1/2 of the mozzarella.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
|Calories from Fat||216|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 24 g||37%|
|Carbohydrates 81 g||27%|
|Fiber 9 g||36%|
|Protein 31 g||62%|
|Cholesterol 100 mg||33%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Parmesan Casserole Bread
1 pkg active dry yeast
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup scalded milk
1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup Parmesan
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Soften active dry yeast in warm water.
Cool milk to lukewarm.
Sift flour, surar and salt into mixinng bowl.
Cut in butter til mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add egg, softened yeast, and milk and beat well.
Stir in cheese and parsley.
Turn into greased 8x 1 1/2" round pan.
Cover with damp cloth and let rise until double, about 40 minutes.
Dot with butter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
The average person in Italy eats more than 51 pounds of pasta every year. The average person in North America eats about 15-1/2 pounds per year.
Pasta really can be over- or undercooked – and you can tell by tossing it at the wall!
This first little grouping of Italian proverbs are translated directly from English translations. I have included the interruption of each for clearer understanding of the proverbs. I love the translations.
- He who goes to bed without eating, will regret it throughout the night. (Don't go to be hungry.)
- Either eat this soup or jump out of this window. (Take it or leave it.)
- Give them a finger and they'll take an arm. (Give them an inch they'll take a mile.)
- To every bird, his own nest is beautiful. (There's no place like home.)
- Water that's flowed past the mill grinds no more. (That's water under the bridge.)
- Today in person, tomorrow in the grave. (Here today, gone tomorrow.)
These Italian proverbs are easily understandable.
- Better give a penny then lend twenty.
- Trouble rides a fast horse.
- One may have good eyes and yet see nothing.
- Where there is life, there is hope.
- A wise man cares not for that which he cannot have
- Quick and Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken Parmesan is an easy chicken recipe that tastes great! Your family will love this homemade recipe!
- Pasta Carbonara: A Quick and Easy Recipe With Eggs a...
A delicious pasta recipe that's very easy to prepare. It uses eggs, bacon, and Parmesan cheese as the main ingredients. Yum! Good with spaghetti, linguine, penne, or your favorite noodles.
- Quick and Easy Homemade Italian Meatballs Recipe
Italian cooking doesn't have to be complicated or take all day. Made from basic ingredients and basic spices, this easy meatball recipe is full of flavor and compliments pasta dishes. Yummy!
- Quick And Easy Pasta Dinner Recipes: Spaghetti Carbo...
Recipe for spaghetti carbonara with pancetta and spinch.
- Quick and Easy Recipes - Cooking Shortcuts
Lots of quick and easy recipes are provided here. These quick meals are delicious, too! Photos included.
- Quick and Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Here's my recipe for mushroom risotto—tasty, healthy and cheap, only takes 20 mins to make, quick and easy, suitable for a vegetarian, beginner cook or student leaving home for the first time.
Italian food is seasonal. It is simple. It is nutritionally sound. It is flavorful. It is colorful. It's all the things that make for a good eating experience, and it's good for you.— Lidia Bastianich
© 2012 Susan Hazelton