- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Lean Ground Beef Goulash
Rate this recipe please!
This is a clean out the freezer or pantry type of recipe. You can add other vegetables like mushrooms or green peppers or omit the ones your family does not like. This comes together as a one skillet meal that contains meat and vegetables. Serve with corn bread or biscuits for a dinner everyone will love.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 c frozen corn
- 15 oz canned green beans, cut or sliced, drained
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce, I used the kind that includes garlic and basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c elbow macaroni
- Combine chopped onion and ground beef in a deep skillet. Brown until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels and return to skillet.
- Add potatoes, corn, green beans, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. You may want to add a 1/2 cup of water at the start of simmering if you don't want a really thick base.
- After 1 hour, add another 1/2 cup of water and add the macaroni noodles. Cook until noodles are tender.
- Serve with biscuits or cornbread.