Recipe for Chicken Baked with Broccoli
Finished Chicken Baked with Broccoli
Nowadays, there is large boom of all kinds of healthy, nutritious and organic foods. People are trying to improve their quality of life with exercises and healthy cooking, trying new recipices, new ways of cooking.
My mother is just like that. One day she brought the recipe of chicken baked with broccoli and couple of other ingredients saying that it's healthy and I have to cook it. I didn't eat broccoli till that time (I didn't like it), but after cooking this food, which I really love, I started to add broccoli to other food as well. It could also work for you, so I recommend you try it. You know, broccoli is very healthy. It can prevent cancer and also contains antioxidants and helps with detox of our organism, so it is really good for a body.
Amount of this food depends on the size of ingredients. I usually use 2 chicken breasts and half of broccoli, but whether there is a small broccoli or I feel like eating a lot of broccoli, I can put a whole broccoli in the food. So, you have to decide for yourself, how much of every ingredients you want to have in the food. I can provide you with amount of ingredients I usually use.
Chicken Baked with Broccoli
- Half of Broccoli
- Edam Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Whipping Cream
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Potatoes (I usually count 2-3 middle-sized potatoes per person)
- Cumin Seed
Fried Chicken Breasts in the Roasting Pan
Preparing Baked Chicken
- Start with preparing broccoli. Chop broccoli into little florets and put them into a cooking pot with water. Add one teaspoon of salt. As soon as water starts to boil, lower temperature of your hotplate and let it boil for ten minutes. Then strain water (water can be used for broccoli soup) and let it cool down a bit.
- While your broccoli is boiling, chop both chicken breasts into small dices. Put them in a frying pan, add salt, small amount of pepper and olive oil. Fry chicken breasts till they don't look raw at all (you don't need to fry them till they are completely prepared to eat for they will be baked anyway). Stir them with wooden spoon occasionaly in order to avoid burning.
- While your broccoli is boiling and your chicken breasts are frying, prepare a roasting pan. Oil it with sunflower oil and cover with breadcrumbs. Now, your roasting pan is ready.
- As soon as your roasting pan is prepared, preheat your oven on 180°C.
- The moment your chicken breasts are fried, put them into the roasting pan (try to place them in the roasting pan evenly). If you started with boiling broccoli, now it should be cooled down enough. Chop it into small pieces and put it on chicken breasts (do it evenly again). Grace edam cheese on top of broccoli. Pour a whole cup of whipping cream in the roasting pan (it'll run down through all layers of food and add creamy taste). Last, mix eggs in a cup and pour it on top of the cheese.
- Put the roasting pan into oven and bake for forty five minutes.
As soon as you put prepared chicken with broccoli in the oven, you can start with preparing potatoes.
Scrape potatoes, wash them and dice them. Put them into a cooking pot with water, add half of spoon of salt and small amount of cumin seed (adding cumin seed is not necessary - some people don't eat it, so you don't need to add it - it just adds nice flavor to potatoes). Start with boiling them. The moment water starts to boil, lower temperature of the hotplate and let it boil for twenty to thirty minutes. I always take a taste before straining water - to be sure that potatoes are ready.
Baked Chicken with Broccoli
After forty five minutes, take your baked chicken out from the oven. It should look like the picture above. Not raw at all with eggs nicely stiffed and white. Strain water from your potatoes, if they are boiled, and you can start with serving meal. Bon appetit!