Leftover Chicken Recipes
So you've had that grilled or fried chicken and now have chicken leftovers that you don't want to throw away? The good thing is that you don't have to. There are several chicken leftover recipes which I'm going to share with you in this hub. I'll tell about breakfast dish, broth and second course. So you'll be able to make any of the dishes you need whenever you have chicken meat left. For broth you can use even bones from the chicken.
Leftover Chicken Recipes. #1 - Baked Chicken And Eggs For Breakfast
- 0.7 lbs (300g) of fried, grilled or boiled chicken fillet
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 0.2 lbs (100g) of cream
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2/3 of a glass of chicken broth
- 0.1 lbs (50g) of Cheddar cheese
- Boil the eggs and let them cool.
- Slice chicken fillet.
- Make a sauce: melt the butter in a pan on a medium heat, add flour, fry until golden for 3 minutes. Add broth and stir until smooth. Stir from time to time to prevent the creation of lumps. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix 2 egg yolks and cream, stir until smooth, and constantly stirring, pour into the sauce. Cook on low heat CONSTANTLY STIRRING for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Cut hard-boiled eggs on small cubes.
- Mix eggs with chicken and put into small heat-resistant bowls, pour with the cream sauce, put Cheddar on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 430 F (220 C).
- Serve hot.
Leftover Chicken Recipes. #2 - Homemade Chicken Broth
Homemade chicken broth has lots of health benefits. But it's almost indispensable when you are sick. Especially it's useful and helpful during virus infections. The amino acid cysteine, which contains in chicken broth in large amounts, helps much better than traditional medications that have side effects.The effectiveness of health benefits of chicken broth during epidemics of cold can be increased by adding small amount of garlic. Combined with all the benefits of garlic (its antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral features), homemade chicken broth will make wonders.
- skeleton of the whole chicken, or 4 meat pieces, or fried chicken wings.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 1 laurel leave
- 6 pieces of black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 hours
Ready in: 2 hours 10 min
Yields: 0.5 gallons (2 liters) of broth
- Break chicken bones and put them into a big pan.
- Add vegetables (large slices), laurel leave and pepper.
- Add 0.5 gallons (2 liters) of water.
- Heat until it boils. Boil on low fire for 2 hours.
- Strain the broth through a strainer.
- If you are going to use the broth right away, remove the fat from its surface. If not, cool the broth first, then it'll be easier to remove fat.
Leftover Chicken Recipes. #3 - Ragout
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hours
Ready in: 1 hour 20 min
- chicken leftovers (meat only)
- tomato paste
- Put meat into a pan (make sure there are no bones).
- Put a layer of sliced onion (half moon) on top of meat, then a layer of thinly sliced potato (round slices), then thinly sliced carrot (round), thinly sliced cabbage. Salt each of the layers.
- Dissolve tomato paste in water, salt it and pour into the pan with vegetables, but make sure that it doesn't cover the vegetables.
- Cover with the lid and bake in the oven until vegetables are ready.
- Stir before serving.