Lemon Buttermilk Pudding Cake Recipe
This delicious buttermilk cake will divide itself into 2 layers as it bakes, with a layer of light fluffy batter above a scrumptious layer of lemon curd, creating a great meld of flavors.
- 3 Eggs, Seperated
- 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Rind, Grated
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks with sugar, and stir until pale.
- Add flour and salt to egg and sugar mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir in buttermilk, melted butter, lemon rind, and lemon juice.
- In a second bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold a third into the milk mixture, and then fold the remaining egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2 liter (8 inch) glass pan.
- Place the pan in a roasting dish - fill roasting dish with hot water up to halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes or until golden. Allow 30 minutes for cooling before serving.
|Serving size: 1 Slice|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 3 g|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 107 mg||36%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|