- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Lemon, Chickpea & Spinach
This is an extremely simple side dish with great nutritional value. Chickpeas are very high in dietary fiber and protein, and spinach is rich in protein, iron, and other key vitamins. If it was good enough for Popeye, it's good enough for me!
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- Warm the 1/4 cup of oil in a large fry pan. We used a 13" fry pan and it was perfect.
- Add the chickpeas and cook on medium for 3 minutes
- Add the spinach, about 2 oz at a time and cook it until it wilts.
- Once all of the spinach has wilted, add the lemon juice and salt and mix it all together and cook 1 minute longer.
- Enjoy with your favorite main course!