Lemon pista poolav
Poolaves are all time favourite!!!
Something that everyone would love to eat !
:-Ingredients used to prepare lemon poolav:-
- ghee 2 tablespoon or melted white butter
- green cardamom 2
- one inch cinnamon stick
- finely chopped onions 2
- one cup pistachios flaked
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 6 to 7 strands of saffron
- chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- 1/2 cup pickled lemon finely chopped (you may steam the lemons and then slice them if you do not have pickled lemon)do not add chili to any of it
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves(teej patta)
- 3 to 4 black pepper seed
Method to make the poolav:-
- Over a low flame heat ghee or white butter in a heavy saucepan ,
- Add pistachios,stir them fry until they are crispy, strain them and keep them aside in a bowl
- now add the whole spices(cardamom bay leaves ,2 cloves black pepper seeds and Cinnamon) in the heated ghee in the frying pan and stir fry until the you get the spicy aroma from it,
- add chopped onions and stir for a while until pink
- add chopped lemon flakes and stir for 2 to 3 minutes at least.
- finally add washed rice(soaked for fifteen minutes) ,
- Add salt and 3 cups of water and few flakes of saffron
- ,bring it to boil ,let it simmer on the low flame ,cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes until the water is completely absorbed and the rice become tender (you may check the rice by pulling a couple of grains out of the utensil and pressing them with your finger ,if they are completely done they will mash completely and if they are not it means we need to let it get done for couple of more minutes,)
- stir it with the handle of the ladle, add few pistachios and coriander leaves to decorate it
while serving you may garnish the rest nuts over the poolav.serve hot they are awesome in taste.