- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Lemon/Citrus Glaze and Icing (Simple Recipe)
Lemon/Citrus Glaze and Icing
The Finished Product
Welcome back to our blog!
We would like to show you how to make a glaze/icing in a few simple steps, and the best part only 2 ingredients. Although you can definitely adjust the amount of ingredients used in this recipe to fit your preference.
To make the glaze, we used lemon juice and powdered sugar. It;s nice to make it little bit thin and runny, so it is easier to pour over the pastries. If you prefer to spread them on the pastries, then I'd recommend using more powered sugar to get the right consistency of the icing. If you like to pour the glaze like we do, then remember to put your pastries on top of a cooling rack, and put a sheet of parchment paper underneath for when it drips.
We used lemon for this recipe, but you can also make orange or a mixture of different citrus to switch things up a bit.
So without further ado, here are the steps!
- 1 1/2 Medium Lemons
- 1 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Sift the powdered sugar and leave it on the side.
- Squeeze the lemons and strain the juice to separate pulp and seeds.
- Mix in the sifted sugar a bit at a time to prevent clumps.
- Mix well until the mixture is thicken, and glossy.