- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Lemon-Fennel Roasted Chicken
Roasted Fennel Chicken With Lemon
Fennel Roasted Chicken
Roasting a chicken to me is not a easy task, because I really want it to be juicy and well cooked. Roasting a whole chicken with cut up into pieces using some lemon and fennel means a deliciously flavored piece that can be just juicy and tender and all so good so lets get started.
Prep time-20 minutes Roast 25 minutes Makes 4 main dish servings
1 to 2 lemons
1 tables of olive oil
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
1 cicken (3 1/2 pounds ), cut into 8 pieces and skined removed
1 large fennel bulb ( 1 1/2 pounds ), trimmed and cut length wise into 8 wedges, or 1 celery heart, seperated into stalks and cut into 3-inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees from lemons, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine oil, salt, pepper, fennel seeds, and lemon peel juice.
2. Arrange chicken and fresh fennel in large roasting pan ( 17'' by 11 1/2'' ). Drizzle lemon - juice mixture over chicken and fennel; let stand 15 minutes.
3. Roast chicken and fennel, basting occasionally with pan juices, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with knife and fennel is fork tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken and fennel to a warm platter, Skim and discard fat from pan drippings. To serve, spoon dripping over chicken.
Each serving about 280 calories, 34g protein, 8g carbohydrate, 12g total fat ( 3g saturated ), 101mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium
This is a very great tasting meal and is very healthy also, I'm sure you and your family will love it.