- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Lenten Chocolate Truffles with Prunes
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: 40 pieces
Cocoa was used for decoration | Source
other variation when prune is not mixed with nuts, but rolled in them many times and at the end covered with chocolate
Ingredients for Lenten Truffles with Prunes
- 180 pit free dry prunes
- 50ml rum or brandy
- 60g almond
- 60g walnut
- 20gr sesame
- 180gr dark chocolate (55% cocoa)
- + ground almond for decoration
Instructions to make Lenten Truffles with Prunes
- Heat the oven at 160C.
- Place almonds, sesame, walnuts in oven and roast them for 15 min on the middle scale. Let them cool down.
- Crumble the above ingredients in multi-mixer until you have sand like mixture.
- Place prunes in rum for one hour and then mush them using multi-mixer.
- Melt the chocolate using Bain Marie method, once chocolate is melted add prunes and nuts mixture. Mix all ingredients well and let them cool down.
- Shape the "mixture" into small balls.
- Place (previously grounded) decoration ingredient on the plate and roll each ball over it.
- Now Lenten Truffles have to be placed in refrigerator for couple hours until served.
|Serving size: 3 pieces |
|Calories ||180 |
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out My Other Recipes and Articles
- How To Remove Evil Eye - What is Evil Eye - Get Rid ...
Removing evil eye has been done for many centuries and it can be achieved via spiritual connection and prays. Evil eye is actually a type of curse that must be removed immediately to avoid problems.
- Greek Recipe - Semolina Cake
Semolina Cake from Greece. This recipe is very interesting and easy to prepare. It is based on famous
- Greek Recipe - Orange Preserve - Tablespoon sweet
Oranges are growing in Greece practically everywhere. You can see orange trees on the streets, parks and in the country. There are many Greek recipes that use the orange as main ingredient.....
- Easy Grilled Sardines Recipe
Easy and extremely delicious recipe for those who like fishes. Sardines are probably the most common fish, but it doesn't make them less delicious. When grilled in oven the fish is magnifique. Enjoy