Let's Bake Lady Bugs
My little girl wanted to do a food project. When I asked her what she wanted to do she said she wanted little lady bug cakes. So this is what we came up with!
A food project also comes with a lesson for the day.
Lesson for the day: Each lady bug is different. Different shape, different spots. No two are the same; just like people.
- 1 Prepared Cake
- Cake Pop Sticks, Optional
- Butter Cream Frosting
- Candy Quick, Dye Red
- Follow the recipe on the back of the box.
- Allow cake to cool.
- Once the cake is cooled transfer cake to a bowl and start crumbling.
- Add just enough frosting to make cake balls.
- Start making the cake balls. Make some big enough to use as a face and regular size cake balls to make the body.
- Once all are made use your butter cream frosting as a face. Use chocolate frosting for eyes.
- Dye the rest of the frosting red and spread on bodies. For lady bug cakes: Once that is done put small dabs of chocolate frosting to make the black spots. For Cake pops: dip cake pop stick in candi quick then insert into a cake body. Did in dyed candi quick.