- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Lightened Up Dips
Dips all year round!
Dips can be served any time of the year. Some are hot, some are cold. Here is a collection of some favorite dips that have been lightened up to cut out some extra fat and calories.
Lightened Up Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is a yummy lightened up version of my favorite!
- 8 oz bar neufchatel cheese, may also use light or fat free cream cheese
- 6 oz can chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Maries Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing, Or may use Marie's Yogurt Ranch if preferred
- 1/2 cup Franks Buffalo sauce, More or less to your taste, won't add to fat.
- 1/2 cup 2% shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place unwrapped cream cheese in a non reactive bowl. Soften cream cheese in microwave on 80% power. Time varies depending on microwave strength.
- Combine softened cream cheese, drained chicken breast, dressing, buffalo sauce and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar until well blended. Be sure to completely blend the cream cheese to avoid lumps.
- Place blended ingredients in a small baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake uncovered 25 minutes until bubbly and cheese has melted.
- Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes. May be served with vegetable sticks or my favorite Herr's Baked Dipping Tortillas.
Light dips tend to taste light. The consistency of fat free or light sour cream just doesn't cut it. By adding a 6 oz container in place of 6 oz of sour cream, the consistency of the dip becomes thicker and it gives a much richer and creamier texture.
Creamy Veggie Dip
This one is good for crackers and veggies.
1. One 8 oz container of light sour cream
2. One 6 oz container of fat free plain greek yogurt.
3. One envelop of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and dip mix.
4. Assorted veggies cut into strips.
1. Empty the entire container of greek yogurt and 4 oz of sour cream into a bowl. Blend together.
2. Slowly begin adding the Ranch powder into the sour cream mixture stirring continuously.
3. Once you have added half the mixture, check to be sure all of the powder has been blended free of lumps.
4. Taste and add more ranch powder to taste.
5. Allow mixture to sit in the refrigerator, covered for 30 minutes before serving.
6. After 30 minutes, remove cover and stir. Serve with veggies or crackers.
Hungry Girl Cookbook
- Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook: Lisa Lillien: Amazon.com: Books
Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook [Lisa Lillien] on Amazon.com. *FREE* super saver shipping on qualifying offers. Go to the max with the most massive and complete Hungry Girl cookbook ever---650 recipes from the guru of guilt-