- Food and Cooking
Sausage And Limas In A Crockpot
Yummy Quick Meal For The Busy FamilyClick thumbnail to view full-size
A Family Recipe For Years
As a busy mom with a husband and two children, a warm meal at the end of the day has always been essential. This lima bean recipe has been a popular choice on a cold winter day or a rainy evening, always popular with our family. The prep time is short and your crockpot does most of the work! Serve this tasty dish with a favorite side dish and all will be satisfied.
Ready To Eat After A Busy Day
Rate This Recipe
You Will Need
- 12 ounce package Large Dried Lima Beans, Optional Larger Bag
- 2 large Links or 6 short Links Beef Sausage, Sliced thin
- 1 Small Can Tomato Soup, Your favorite brand
- 1 chopped Onion, Shred into small pieces
- From the package Bacon, 1 slice
Mixed and Ready For Cooking
Prep and Cook Times
PreSoaking The Beans
Dried beans cook better if soaked in water prior to cooking. Pour the bag of dried beans into a bowl and cover with water. Let them sit until most of the water is absorbed.
- Add the presoaked beans, chopped onion and sliced sausage to your crockpot. Pour in the tomato soup and add water until the ingredients are almost covered. Add pepper as desired and mix.
- Set the crockpot temperature on high until your beans are hot and then lower the temperature to a low setting.
By the Bowl
If your crockpot is moved to a low setting right after it begins to boil, it can simmer all day. If you want a quicker cook time, leave the crockpot on high for two or three hours before reducing the heat. your dinner will be ready in five to six hours
Serve with cheese sprinkled on top or jalapeños on the side for added interest. Turkey sausage can be substituted for beef and low fat tomato soup and cheese can be used!
Add cornbread and/or a fruit salad to compliment your main dish. We prefer something crunchy with our beans, like an apple salad or crackers or toast. Choose a favorite side that your family enjoys!
As you arrive home from a busy day, prepare your side(s) and dinner is served!