Linguine in Creamy Tomato Sauce Recipe
What is Linguine?
Linguine is a type of pasta similar but smaller than fettuccine. It originated in Genoa, the capital of Liguria region of Italy. The “Linguine” is an Italian word which means “Little Tongues”. It is also called “Trenette” or “Bavette”.
What is Creamy Tomato Sauce?
Tomato sauce refers to a sauce made out of tomatoes. The most popular pasta sauce for its rich content. It is commonly served with meat or vegetables. To make a Creamy variation of Tomato Sauce simply add cream on it.
Cooking Tools Neeeded
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
Fettuccine, linguine and lasagna are ideal pastas for meat sauces, thick tomato sauces and thick cream sauces
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 small Onion, chopped
- 1/2 clove Garlic, crushed
- 400 g Tomatoes, crushed
- 250 g Mushroom, sliced
- 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 500 g Linguine, al dente
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Al Dente means "to the tooth". It means that a pasta is cooked until barely tender.
Procedure: How to Cook Pasta and Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Add oil and salt to the boiling water. Then add the pasta.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain water and set aside the pasta.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add canned tomato and sliced mushrooms, bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer with lid on for 15 minutes.
- Stir in freshly chopped parsley and add cream to the sauce.
- Toss cooked pasta and serve with parmesan cheese. Serves 2.
Eat Healthy Linguine in Creamy Tomato Sauce
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||279|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 31 g||48%|
|Carbohydrates 192 g||64%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Protein 58 g||116%|
|Sodium 819 mg||34%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Health Benefits of Each Ingredient
- Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats that reduces inflammation.
- Onion has phytochemicals that scavenges free radicals.
- Garlic contains allicin compound that offers medicinal properties.
- Tomato is the number source of lycopene that reduces risk of heart diseases.
- Mushroom is a great source of calcium, fiber, protein and Vitamins B and C that strengthens immune system.
- Parsley has high source of flavonoid antioxidants that controls arthritis, cancer, diabetes and osteoporosis.
- Cream contains calcium, phosphorus and Vitamin A that forms bones and enhances immunity.
- Linguine is an excellent source of selenium that activates antioxidants.
- Parmesan Cheese is a good source of calcium that strengthens bone.