Linguine with Chicken, Prosciutto and Olives
Tasty one dish dinner
Strong flavors mingle in this chicken pasta dish that is sure to please.
8 ounces linguine, spaghetti, angel hair or other dry pasta noodles
4 chicken breasts
2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips. (in a pinch bacon can be used)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 small jar (3 oz) pimento stuffed green olives, drained
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and put into a ihwarm covered bowl.
2. Meanwhile, combine prosciutto and olive oil in a large frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until prosciutto is light brown, about 3 minutes.
3. Add chicken breasts to the pan. Brown on each side. Lower heat to medium, cover pan and cook until internal temperature is 160.
4. Add olives and tomatoes to the pan and cook 2 minutes or until olives and tomatoes are hot.
5. Set chicken breasts aside. Mix the rest of the mixture over the pasta and toss until mixed well.
6. Serve with chicken breasts placed in top of pasta mixture. Add cheese to taste.
Makes 4 servings