- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Live Food Raw Chocolate Coated Truffles
Chocolate Coated Cranberry Truffle | Source
- 1/2 C. Raw cacao powder
- 2/3 C. Raw cashews
- 1/4 t. Vanilla bean or vanilla
- 1/2 C. Raw agave and/or maple syrup
- 2 t. Nama shoyu
Easy in food processor!
- Process cashews in food processor with 2-3 tablespoons of good water to make a smooth cashew butter. Add sweetening, nama shoyu, and vanilla. When batter is very smooth, add cacao powder and carefully mix in processor for a few seconds or by hand.
- Refrigerate dough overnight, covered. When hardened roll into small balls. (Coat hands in cold water to do this easily.) Refrigerate again until very cold.
- Roll in raw cacao powder and enjoy!
Chocolate Coated Truffles | Source
Live Food Truffles. Not low calorie. Oh, but the taste!
- To coat truffles in chocolate candy, mix 1/3 C. coconut oil, melted, and 1/4 C. raw cacao powder with a T. of maple syrup. When rolled truffles are very cold, dip in chocolate candy sauce with fork, drain on wire rack, then on wax paper in refrigerator.
- For extra flavor, add dried cranberries into the truffles before rerigeration, and on top for decoration.
- Other flavor variations are only limited by your imagination. Finely chopped nuts, other dried fruits, and other flavorings like almond, or even peppermint can be added.