Longhorn's Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
Going out to eat to a restaurant for a family of four can get expensive. Every Time I go to Longhorn steakhouse with my family we spend on average 90-100.00 dollars. We are a family on a budget. I am always looking for ways to make the same dish that we would get in the restaurant at home. Thank goodness I have a few friends in the restaurant business- where I can get some of those recipes.
Here is the recipe for the Longhorn Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe.You wont find this anywhere else but here. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do in our home. The best part is- it isn't that expensive to make and so much cheaper than ordering it at Longhorn.
The Longhorn Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken is fresh grilled chicken breasts, topped with a Parmesan garlic crust. At Longhorn they serve this chicken dish with a light cream sauce. It normally goes underneath the chicken, but I like mine on top.
4 fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 large egg whites
1 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoon
4 Cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons minced fresh chives
8 teaspoons Virgin olive oil
1 lemon , cut into wedges
4 slices provolone cheese
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Things you need:
3 Pie plates
2 serving plate
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2) Lay your boneless chicken breast on top of 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Lay another 2 pieces of plastic wrap on top of the chicken. Use a mallet and pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thick. Pound all the chicken pieces and set aside. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
3) In a pie plate mix together the 1 cup of flour ,and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese . Set aside.
4) In a pie plate mix the egg whites and chives until foamy. Set aside.
5) In a pie plate mix together the 4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, and 2 T flour. Set aside.
6) Set out a separate plate to place your chicken on until ready to cook. Using tongs and working with 1 piece of chicken at a time, coat chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
7) Then transfer the chicken pieces to the egg-white mixture; coat evenly and letting the excess run off.
8) Last coat the chicken with shredded Parmesan mixture, pressing gently so that cheese adheres. Place the chicken pieces on your plate
9) Heat up your olive oil in a skillet. Once heated add your chicken to the pan only letting the sides touch. Reduce the heat to medium. Continue to cook Carefully flipping the chicken occasionally. The chicken is done when it is a pale golden brown on each side and the meat is no longer pink. Cook all your chicken pieces and transfer the chicken to a plate in the oven to keep warm till all your chicken is done and your cream sauce is made.
10) In a saucepan heat your heavy whipping cream on medium heat. Add your garlic powder, and nutmeg. The sauce will thicken slightly, and then add your Parmesan cheese. Once your sauce is thick to your liking your sauce is complete.
11) Take your Longhorn Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken out of the oven and top each chicken breast with some cream sauce, and a piece of provolone cheese.Melt the cheese. Serve this dish with a lemon wedge.
This recipe is so delicious. It is just like going to longhorn and ordering it right from the menu. The only question is whether your family will believe that you made this yourself, or ordered it to go.
Unique Meat Mallet
If you love Longhorn steakhouse as much as I do- than try their Longhorn Steakhouse Pork Ossco Buco recipe. Its so delicious!