- Food and Cooking
Looking For Coffee Cake Recipes For Easter Morning
Begin 2 hrs ahead Serves 9 Heat oven to 350 F.
1 1/4 cups flour all- purpose
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp.baking soda
10 tblsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp.vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. lemon extract
1...21 0r 22 oz. an cherry pie filling.
Grease and flour 9"by 9" baking pan
1. In a large bowl with fork; mix the flour, 1/4 c sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. To flour mixture, add 1/2 cup melted butter,milk, egg and vanilla
3. With spoon, beat until well mixed then pour batter evenly into greased and floured pan.
4. In small bowl with fork, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and remaining 2 tblsp. butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Sprinkle half of crumb mixture evenly over top of batter in pan.
6. Stir lemon extract into cherry-pie mixture then spread onto crumb mixture in pan.
7. Sprinkle with the rest of crumb mixture.
BAKE 1 hour or until top is golden. Cut into squares.
Happy Easter and enjoy...G-Ma :O) Hugs