Louisiana Pecan Balls
- 1 Cup (1/2 lb.) Butter, (Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup (About 4 Ounces) Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees and in a large bowl mix with and electric mixer your butter, 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar and the Vanilla Extract.
- In a medium bowl mix flour and baking powder and add to the butter mixture and mix well on low speed. Once mixed add in Pecans. (Should be doughy) Shaped dough into approximately 1 Inch balls and place on a parchment lined 12 by 15 Inch baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until balls look a light golden brown.
- Place remaining Powdered Sugar in a bowl and gently turn balls to coat them. Set aside to cool. Enjoy your Louisiana Dessert! :)