Low Calorie Chicken Recipe - Easy Greek Mediterranean Recipe
Just because a dish is low calorie doesn't mean that it has to be low flavor! I threw together this recipe for lunch today and wanted to share it online as it is an absolutely delicious treat. It's super easy and you can have dinner or lunch on the table within an easy 30 minutes with this Healthy Greek Mediterranean recipe.
Read on to learn how to cook this delicious low calorie chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Greek Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 can of artichoke hearts (marinated or plain, I used plain)
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup of diced fresh tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves of fresh, minced garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Greek seasoning blend (dehydrated onion, garlic, oregano, spearmint,salt)
- 8-10 Kalamata Olives, pitted
- Low fat feta cheese
- Trim the fat of the boneless chicken breasts. Put into a plastic bag and coat with olive oil and greek seasoning blend. Shake well and set aside.
- Heat up your grill (I love my George Foreman!)
- Drain the canned artichoke hearts. Pat with a towel to dry them as much as possible. Slice them in half the long-way. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the vidalia onion and mince the fresh garlic cloves.
- Place the arthichokes on the grill. Once slightly brown, add the sliced onions.
- After the onions turn translucent and soft, gently stir in the mixed garlic.
- Remove mixture from grill and mix in a bowl with the diced tomatoes.
- Grill the chicken until cooked.
- During the last minute of cooking, add the grilled vegetable mixture on top of the cooked chicken to heat it back up.
- Check to make sure the chicken is done cooking and - voila! You're done!
- Optional - Diced the kalamata olives and feta and sprinkle on the top of the finished product.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Free Low Calorie Recipes
- For a vegan version, use grilled tofu in place of the chicken.
- Or, omit meat or tofu all together and enjoy the veggies as a very delicious and low calorie side dish!
- Use a small can of diced tomatoes in place of fresh, if more convenient.
- Omit olive oil all-together for even less calories, but remember the EVOO is a very healthy fat that should be a welcome addition to any healthy eating diet plan.
- Don't have a grill? Sautee in a cooking pan on the stove top as an alternative.