Low Calorie, No Crust Vegetarian Quiche with no cheese, no dairy option
Stretch those eggs!
"This quiche is a main staple in our household. For the same amount of eggs that it takes to make a couple two-egg omelettes, you can have up to 8 slices of quiche. TIP: Wrap slices individually in plastic wrap for breakfast on the go or lunch."
- 4 eggs, (or substitute 2 eggs for egg whites)
- 1 cup shredded cheese, (or substitute nutritional yeast for no cheese option)
- 1/2 cup milk, (substitute unsweetened coconut or soy milk for milk free)
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 cup broccoli, (spinach, zucchini or other vegetable)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, (can or fresh)
- 1/4 cup onion, (optional)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, (optional)
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- dash nutmeg, (optional)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray square or pie pan and set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, cornstarch and cheese or nutritional yeast by hand with an egg beater, fork or mixer. Blend well.
- In a non-stick saucepan, saute' vegetables, mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, garlic and seasoning in oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour egg/milk mixture into mixing bowl with vegetables. Top with slices tomatoes, more cheese or both.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Allow quiche to cool for 10 minutes before serving.