- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Seafood Recipes
Low Carb Citrus Fish Tacos
Low Carb Citrus Fish Tacos on Red Cabbage Leaves
This simple, flaky fish taco is flavorful and healthy for you and your family. These are a healthy, whole food sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. Give it a shot tonight!
- 2 Large Avocados, Ripe
- 1 Large Tomato, Ripe, chopped
- 2 tbs Onion, (Red is flavorful, white is traditional)
- 1 tbs Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, Granulated
- 4 White Fish, Fillets (4 oz)
- 1 Olive OIl, Extra Virgin
- 2 tsp, cumin
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Head of Red Cabbage, Separate Large Leaves
- Begin by halving the avocado, removing the pit, and placing the flesh in a bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, lime juice, and sea salt. Mash. You can garnish with 2 tbs of chopped cilantro for a delicious touch.
- Turn on the grill and oil the rack with half of the oil
- Lightly coat the fish fillets with half of the oil (1/2 tbs). Add the cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Grill the fish, turning over when opaque, with a large, wide spatula after about 4 minutes. After 6 to 8 minutes, when the fish is opaque through the center, transfer the fish to a platter.
- Break into 8 pieces and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- To assemble the tacos, place a large leaf of red cabbage on a plate and top each with a piece of fish. Add two tablespoons of guacamole.
- Repeat to assemble the remaining tacos.
Serve the piping hot fish tacos on their crisp red cabbage leaves immediately.