Low Carb Crawfish Spinach Dip Recipe
Whether you are on a low-carb diet or are just looking for a recipe for tasty crawfish spinach dip, this dish is one that you are sure to enjoy.
- 12 to 16 ounces crawfish tail meat, thawed
- one 8-ounce brick cream cheese, cut into chunks, reduced fat or regular; do not use fat free
- two tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon liquid crab boil, more or less to taste
- two 10-ounce boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- dash nutmeg
- to taste salt, optional
- to taste pepper, optional
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Yields: dip for a gathering of 10 - 15 people
- Place a large skillet over medium heat
- Put the butter into the skillet and allow it to melt.
- Add crab boil, stirring until well-combined
- When the butter is melted, put the crawfish tails into the skillet
- Allow to cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add cream cheese chunks; stir until melted
- Add spinach, salt and pepper; stir
- Simmer until heated through
- This versatile dish can be served several different ways.
- Serve warm as a dip with crackers, corn chips or tortilla chips
- Serve on its own as a side-dish
- Use as an omelet filling
- Use as stuffing for quesadillas
- Use as a topping for broiled or grilled fish
- Reduce the quantity of crawfish and add an equivalent quantity of medium size shrimp that have been shelled and de-headed at the same time as the crawfish.
- Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese over the top of the prepared dish before serving.