- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Low-Fat, Dairy Free & Lactose Free, Vegan Spinach Artichoke Heart Dip Recipe
Easy, Delicious & Good For You!
If you're looking for a heart-healthy remake of a spinach artichoke dip, you've come to the right place! Most recipes call for cups of fattening cheese and oil, but this recipe is full of flavor and low on calories and fat. It is also dairy free, for those who are lactose intolerant or are interested in only eating Vegan dishes.
You can't get better than this! Serve with crudites or these homemade whole-grain crackers for a nutritious and delicious snack!
This recipe makes about 3 cups of Low Fat Spinach Artichoke dip.
- 6 ounces of fresh spinach, rinsed and steamed
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked cannelloni beans
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 6 artichoke hearts, minced (You can also use canned artichokes)
- salt and/or pepper to taste
- Steam and drain the spinach.
- Puree the spinach, beans, garlic, scallions, basil and lemon juice in a food processor or blender.
- Transfer pureed mixture to a medium bowl and blend in the minced artichoke hearts. Add more spices, salt and pepper to taste.
You can serve this dip chilled, at room temperature or heated. Serve at your next gathering for a really healthy and delicious dip! It's also great with pita chips or tortilla chips.