- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Low Salt Spiced Nuts Recipe
Craving For A Spicy But Healthy Snack?
Spiced nuts are a favorite snack for many. I know they are mine! Spicy nuts are healthy but if you have noticed most of them purchased from outside have a lot of salt in them. This is not exactly good for those people who have a high blood pressure and are looking towards controlling their diet. The good news is that you don't have to stay away from spiced nuts at all if you are on a low salt diet. You can prepare your own spiced nuts snack at home -- that too with no salt whatsoever!
The preparation is really simple and within 10-15 minutes you will have your own spicy nuts snack! They are very easy to make and you can even prepare them well in advance if you have any party or a get-together. Low salt spiced nuts are not only healthy but also make a great party snack.
It is best to prepare these low salt spiced nuts 2 weeks in advance in order to get the best flavor. You can store them in an airtight container after preparation.
Must Read - Low Salt Cooking!
So what all do you need to make low salt spiced nuts?
- 2 tablespoons corn/vegetable oil
- Shelled and husked fresh peanuts
- Blanched almonds
- Shelled and husked fresh cashew nuts
- Half teaspoon ground ginger
- Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Half teaspoon cayenne pepper
If you are looking for a variation, try using hazelnuts instead of cashew nuts. Use ground cumin, cardamom, cumin and chilli powder instead of the ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
Low Salt Spiced Nuts Recipe
How you can make your own spiced nuts -
- Take a large frying pan and heat the oil in it.
- Put all the nuts into the hot oil and make sure that they are all coated nicely with oil.
- Add all the spices and again stir well till all the nuts are coated.
- Spread these nuts in an ovenproof dish.
- The oven should be preheated (190 degrees C).
- Toast the nuts for around 12-15 minutes.
Tip - In order to prevent the nuts from getting burnt out, make sure to turn them once or twice during cooking time.
Your spicy healthy snack is ready!
Learn how to make sweet spicy salty nuts
- 5 Delicious, Easy-to-make, Healthy Kerala Breakfast Recipes
If you are on the lookout for some new breakfast recipes - why not try one of these South Indian delicacies? They are healthy, easy-to-make, and super delicious!
More Healthy Recipes -
- How to Lower Blood Pressure Naturally -- Two Best Fruit and Vegetable Juices for Hypertensive People
Learn how you can lower your blood pressure naturally by drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices. A must-read for hypertensive people!
- An Instant Energizing Homemade Fruit and Vegetable Drink!
Learn to make your own yummylicious energizing drink from fruits and vegetables. Skip those soft drinks and opt for the healthy way instead!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Top 10 Lip Smacking Photos of Sandwiches
Some really yummy sandwich photos. Want to try them out as well? No problem, the recipe link is provided below each photo. Feeling too lazy to cook? Then you can try one of these recipes out. They're lip smacking and do their job pretty well of satia