- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Low fat deviled eggs recipe
Most likely you are thinking, “what is he talking about!? There’s no such thing!” Well, this recipe is for cooking tasty boiled eggs with less fat and cholesterol, since these are in the yolk and we are going to liquefy it, plus we don’t use any mayonnaise. Probably you like boiled eggs but you can’t eat them because they have too much cholesterol! Or maybe you don’t have a problem with fat but you can’t find real flavor in them to satisfy your senses! Or maybe you are a single guy who wants to try something different in the kitchen and don’t want to spend too much money, effort, and time on it.
This recipe is very simple and quick to cook. In less than 20 minutes you can get a healthy, nutritious, and tasty food for yourself and your family (BTW, if you are a mother you have to know up front that your kids will love this meal!). This recipe belongs to my mom, I grew up eating this! For me it’s really nice to eat this meal –as you can imagine. So, it is my pleasure to share this with you! Let’s get down to business, ok?
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (coriander), chopped
- 1 Pinch Ground pepper, (If wanted)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Boil the eggs for approximately 8 minutes. Then let them cool down for a few minutes so you can peel them without burning your fingers. Once the shells are off, cut the eggs in half. Remove the yolks into a mixing bowl. Use a fork to smash the yolks, and add the water, salt and pepper, until they are completely mixed. Now add the cilantro and stir a little bit more. Use a spoon to stuff the mix back into the egg whites. And that is all.
- You can serve this over lettuce, with corn salad, spinach and bell pepper; green salad, and/or rice. Or, if you prefer, you can serve them as appetizers. Whatever you choose, they will be very well received. Hope you enjoy!!