Chicken Penne Surprise
Low Oxalate Diet Recipe -Free of charge!
Oxalate is a chemical found in plant foods.The most common type of kidney stones are the kinds that are made up of crystals that contain calcium and oxalate. People who have had kidney stones are at a higher risk of forming kidney stones again. Sometimes a Dr. may recommend that you limit oxalate if you get this type of kidney stone.
A good list of high, medium, and low oxalate foods can be found at: www.upmc.com/patients-visitors/education/nutrition/Pages/low-oxalate-diet.aspx
The following are some good, tasty recipes that I have used and modified for our family...enjoy.
- 12 oz Penne Pasta, measure uncooked
- 2T Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2C Shredded Chicken
- 2T Garlic, Minced
- 1 Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, Cut in 2
- 3 oz Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 2/3 C Chicken Broth, Unsalted
- 14 oz Artichoke hearts, Drained and Quartered
- 2T Butter, Unsalted
- 2T Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Boil penne noodles 11 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Cook chicken with the spices. Set aside.
- Cook garlic and onion 3 minutes on med-high heat, stir in asparagus, tomatoes and broth. Heat med-low until asparagus is bright green and tender (about 5 minutes). Add cooked chicken back into pan and add artichoke hearts. Cook three minutes on med heat. Fold in penne, cover, and turn off heat. Allow to sit 5 minutes
- At this point, you may prepare and freeze for a later date. If frozen, bake covered 350 for 45 minutes.
- Add butter on top and let it sit until melted, then sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm.
More Yummy Recipes Below...
- Mac And Cheese Bake
Completely FREE low oxalate recipe.
- Chicken Penne Surprise
Oxalate is a chemical found in plant foods.The most common type of kidney stones are the kinds that are made up of crystals that contain calcium and oxalate. People who have had kidney stones are at a higher risk of forming kidney stones again....