Prep and Cook Time
- 1 Large Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 2 Cans Light Red Kidney Beans
- 2 Decent Sized Tomatos, Diced
- 2 Cans Cooked Mushrooms, Chopped
- 2 Cans Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Navy Beans
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Pounds Ground Deer
- 6 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Large Green Pepper, Diced
- 1 Large White Onion, Diced
- 2 Medium Jalapeno Peppers, De-seeded and Diced
- 6 Teaspoons Frank's Red Hot
- 1 Small Can Tomato Paste
- 4 Cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons White Vingar
- 1 Teaspoon Jarred, Minced Garlic
- 2 Bags Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Topping
- 1 Container Sour Cream, Topping
- Get a huge pot to put on the stove. Open all the cans of Kidney Beans, Black Beans and Navy Beans. DO NOT DRAIN THE BEANS BEFORE PLACING THEM INTO THE POT! Put the entire content of the bean cans into the pot or you will not have enough juice for your chili. Place all the beans in the pot and set it on the lowest heat to simmer. Add 3 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of garlic and 3 teaspoons of Frank's Red Hot. Stir, cover and let simmer.
- Brown the hamburger and deer burger all together. Once the meat is fully cook, drain off the excess grease. Add to the meat the remainder of the chili powder, the vinegar, one can of tomato sauce and the Frank's Red Hot. Stir altogether while on the lowest heat setting until nicely mixed.
- Let the meat mixture simmer. Put the can of tomato paste and all 3 remaining cans of tomato sauce into the pot with the simmering beans. Mix well. Add the diced onion, the green pepper and the jalapeno peppers. Mix well and cover. Allows both mixtures to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring about every ten minutes.
- Once you have reach the 30 minute mark put the meat mixture in with the bean mixture. Mix well, turn up heat to middle setting. Let cook for 30 minutes stirring about every five minutes.
- After 30 minutes turn the heat back down to simmer. Add diced mushrooms and black olives. Mix well, cover and simmer for another 30 minutes, always remember to stir or it will burn.
- After 30 minutes has gone by add the diced tomatoes. Mix well and cover. Leave on simmer for 4 1/2 more hours, constantly checking and stirring it. Remember this is the limited time, the longer it simmers the more infused the flavors will be. Once you are comfortable with the flavor serve. Top with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy
© 2014 Kelly Miller