- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
- 3 lb. Hamburger Meat
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, Diced
- 1 Large Bell pepper, (Optional)
- 1 Sleeve Saltine Crackers, Crumbled
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Heinz 57 Steak Sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix ingredients, excluding topping (brown sugar, ketchup & Heinz sauce). Shape the mixture into pan, making sure to touch the sides of pan. Place aluminum foil or cover with lid over top.
- After approximately 35 minutes of cooking, remove foil/ lid and drain the grease from the loaf. The meat should be golden brown at this point. Sprinkle the brown sugar onto the loaf along with the ketchup & Heinz sauce to cover the loaf. Then bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and slice--enjoy!