Homemade Madeleines Cookie Recipe
Madeleine is a traditional small shell-shaped cake originally came from France, these cakes are ideal for breakfast or as a snack for youngsters.
The key to success when baking Madeleine is the uniformity of color and distinctive tumor shape in the middle. This can only be accomplished once you have reached the right techniques. There are three points to note when baking Madeleine. First eggs and sugar must be beaten, second, butter must be melted and hot before you pour in the mixture, finally do not bake the Madeleine right after mixing, leave the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (overnight is best) and then baked at high temperatures. With this recipe, you can bake 24 Madeleine.
- 300g Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 110ml Cold milk
- 375g Flour
- 15g Baking powder
- 410g Butter, (Melted butter)
- Beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture becomes pale yellow.
- Sift flour and baking powder, mix in with the egg mixture. Use a whisk to mix it together.
- Add the melted butter (the butter must be hot) to the mix. Stir it well.
- Add the cold milk and stir well. Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Grease the Madeline molds. Put the mold in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 440°F. Coat the mold with flour, lightly tap the baking pan to remove the excess powder.
- Fill each mold about 2/3 - 3/4. Do not fill too much as the dough will overflow and won't take the shape of a shell.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes for large cakes, and 11-12 minutes for small cakes. When the cake turns golden brown, remove and unmold immediately. Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve when the cakes still warm.
Madeleine cake is best baked and eat within the day. You can keep the unbaked mixture in the refrigerator for about 3 days.