- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Main Course - Linguini With Scallops
Scallops are a famous food from under the sea, or on the rocks on the shore, that is enjoyed by many people of many different cultures. It is now famous at many seaside resturaunts when you go on vacation. It may seem hard to get that resuraunt quality type of cooking out of your food in a resuraunt, but it really isn't. You just have to study the recipe and have the patience to make it. Scallops with linguini is something I remember being served at myrtle beach in south caroline and I have loved it ever since. I had set out as soon as I got home to try to recreate this dish myself. So far I think I have done a great job. Now, I am going to share my recreation of it for the rest of the world to try and enjoy.
Linguini with scallops is best served fresh for you special dinner occasion. You must cook the scallops correctly or else they will not be as delicious as you could possibly make them. Try this deliciously seasoned main course to complete your special day or get together!
- 1 pound fresh or frozen scallops
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Halve any large scallops; set aside. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat margarine and oil over medium high heat. Add scallops; cook and stir about 2 minutes or till opaque. Remove scallops with a slotted spoon, leaving juices in skillet.
- Stir broth, vermouth or white wine, and lemon juice into skillet. Bring to boiling. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or till liquid is reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in onion, parsley, dillweed, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Add scallops, stirring just till heated through. Pour over linguine; toss gently. Makes 6 servings.
362 calories, 28 g protein, 54 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 619 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!