- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Make Some Bittersweet Brownies for your Troops | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a delicious recipe from “The Cupboard Drawer” for a troop favorite, (Brownies) but with a more adult sort of sweetness. Right behind Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownies of all sorts are greatly appreciated on the battlefield and this variation is a personal favorite of mine. Plus they travel well if you ship them in ziplock bags or disposable Tupperware. For a little sweeter variation you can add ¼ Cup of M&M’s to the mix or Jelly Bellies for a Fruitier touch.
¾ Cup All purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
4 ox melted unsweetened Chocolate
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 Cup Real Mayonnaise
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Chopped nuts
- Prepare a greased (PAM works well) baking pan ( 8 X 8 X 2 in )
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder mix well and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate, sugar, mayonnaise, eggs, vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the flour mixture and nuts stir until well blended; turn into the baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake in a Pre heated 350 deg oven for 25-30 min or until they pass a tooth pick test.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 2 in squares and serve, or pack for shipping.
Yield 16 Brownies
Zena, my Warrior Princess used to send regular shipments of cookies while I was deployed, and sent Brownies on Special Occasions like Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas etc.. each batch was special cause I could always taste the Love, make sure you include yours and enjoy. God Bless