Make Yogurt Salad
Cucumbers and Yogurt Salad Recipe
A good and healthy salad recipe consisting of cucumbers and yogurt as the main ingredients may not only satisfy your hunger but it is rich in nutritious substances. This light salad recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and is considered a healthy food as explained below the recipe.
Cucumbers And Yogurt Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 2-4 cucumbers (8-13 ounces, 225-375 grams).
- 4-6 ounces (125-175 grams) of plain yogurt.
- 1-2 cloves of raw garlic.
- A dash of table salt.
- 1-2 tea spoons of dried mint.
- 5-10 table spoons of olive oil.
Method of Preparing Cucumbers And Yogurt Salad
- Peel 1 or 2 garlic cloves and put into a bowl then add a dash of salt.
- Crush the garlic cloves well till all the salt is absorbed by the crushed garlic.
- Taste the cucumbers to make sure that they are not bitter.
- Cut the cucumbers in half length wise - then slice diagonally to get thin half circles.
- Add the sliced cucumbers to the bowl.
- Add plain yogurt to the bowl.
- Add 1 tea spoon of dried mint to the ingredients.
To make the salad, simply and gently mix together the ingredients. Sprinkle 1 tea spoon of dried mint on top of the bowl then add olive oil on top as desired.
- Serves 2-4 people.
Brief Ingredient Facts
The cucumbers and yogurt salad recipe is considered a healthy recipe because cucumbers have high water content (about 95 percent) and its skin is rich in fiber. In addition, cucumbers have high levels of potassium and manganese that help to regulate blood pressure and help promote nutrient functions.
Yogurt has high concentrations of protein, calcium, magnesium, riboflavin, vitamins B-6 and B-12 and much more. Yogurt helps digest the naturally occurring sugar (lactose) in milk that can cause bloating and diarrhea.
Garlic has been and will always be one of the most important ingredients that is used the least due to its stinking smell and bad breath effect. However, garlic is packed with vitamins and nutrients such as protein, potassium, Vitamins A, B, B2 and C, Calcium, Zinc and many others.
Garlic is an effective natural antibiotic against toxic bacteria, viruses, and fungus. Garlic is considered to be one of the most popular healthy herbs around today (to say the least). To get rid of bad garlic breath drink lemon juice or eat a few slices of lemon.
Mint has concentrations of minerals, protein, fiber, calcium, iron etc… Dried mint has a sensational rich aroma; it tastes great and has a healing power. It is able to settle a nervous stomach and helps eliminating toxins from the body among other things.
Olive oil is a natural juice which can preserve its taste, aroma, vitamins and properties for a long time. It is a natural cholesterol free juice that helps lower your cholesterol level. Olive oil helps the body control the levels of LDL ("bad" cholesterol) while raising HDL (the "good" cholesterol). Olive oil nutritional substances include vitamins E, K, and A as well as polyphenols, squalene, oleocanthol, triterpenes and hundreds more which makes olive oil a healthy choice. Olive oil offers protection against heart disease, ulcers, gastritis and lowers the incidence of bile and gallstone formation.
Salt that most people have in their salt shaker is made up primarily of sodium chloride along with added iodine. This is different than natural sea salt that contains potassium, magnesium, and calcium which are removed during processing. Iodinated salt is a source of sodium and should be used in limited quantities otherwise it can lead to future health problems.
- Cucumbers and yogurt salad would taste great if not chilled and consumed right after preparation. However, if chilled, bring it to room temperature before consuming.
- Garlic powder may be used instead of garlic cloves but the taste will be different than natural garlic cloves.
Garlic Health Benefits
- Garlic Facts Remedies and Health Benefits of Garlic
Facts and information on garlic including health beneifits home remedies using garlic and how to grow your own garlic at home.
- Garlic Health Benefits
This page summarises the possible health benefits often attributed to garlic. Some of these have been scientifically demonstrated, others have not and remain officially in the realm of folk medicine.
Benefits of Mint
- The Health Benefits of Mint
While you have probably heard that mint has various health benefits to offer, you may not be aware of what these exact health benefits are. Here, we will take a much closer look at some of the main health benefits of mint.
- Organic Facts - Health Benefits of Mint
Mint, that well known mouth and breathe freshener, scientifically known as Mentha, with over two dozens of species and hundreds of its varieties, is an herb with remarkable medicinal properties.