- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast Recipes: Make Granola Cereal Recipe
Lots of Healthy Ingredients
Easy Breakfast Recipe for Homemade Granola
This breakfast recipe for homemade granola is a healthy breakfast that you can enjoy everyday.The best part about making your own cereal is that you know the exact ingredients, and can avoid added preservatives and additives. There are no mystery ingredients that you might find in store bought granola. This granola recipe is also wonderful for snacks during the day, as well as morning cereal. There is something about making your own food from scratch and avoiding boxes, cans and bottles. I enjoy creating different foods with unusual ingredients and spices. This particular cereal is a favorite breakfast recipe of both my husband and myself. And it is so easy to make.
Some ingredients for Granola
- 2 Cups raw oats
- 1 Cup raw almonds
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 1/2 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Cup Agave syrup
- Two heaping tablespoons Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 large can Frozen orange juice or 1/3 cup of fresh orange juice
- Mix oats, nuts, seeds and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Add Agave syrup and mix well.
- Add Frozen orange juice and mix well
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Lay a sheet of foil in on a cookie sheet and grease with canola oil.
- Spread the mixture on the sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let sit for ten minutes. Remove the granola from the foil.
- Put the granola in a glass jar with a lid.
Start your day with homemade granola
Serving and Storing Granola Cereal
Serve 1/3 cupt to 1/2 cup of granola with low fat milk. You can add extra fruit on top for extra taste and vitamins.
Store the unused granola in a sealed glass jar. The granola keeps for at least two weeks.You will want to make this easy recipe for granola often. You can get creative with this breakfast recipe and experiment with different fruit juices, nuts and seeds.
Substitute Ingredients for Granola
- Try different nuts and seeds such as pecans, pinenuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds,
- Substitute Agave, Maple Syrup or Honey
- Substitute orange juice for cranberry or apple juice