- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Make Your Own Pizza Sauce
Review My Recipe
Make it Yourself
There are so many things that we buy in a jar or can that we can easily make at home. Pizza sauce is one of those things that I stumbled upon because it wasn't really available at the grocery stores in Sicily. This is super easy and only takes a few minutes.
- 2/3 to 1 whole can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, (optional)
- to taste salt & pepper
- Pour approximately 2/3 of a can of tomato sauce into a bowl.
- Mix in oregano, red pepper (if desired), crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Can immediately be spread on pizza dough, topped with cheese and desired toppings, and baked.