How to Make a Lime Bite Squeeze Shot
The Lime Bite
This drink is a wonderful shot that will truly leave your taste buds wanting more. Not only will you not be disappointed with this, but you this is a great treat to start off any party.
So before I start the recipe, let me give you a background of the shot, and the tips to making this shot.
The shot itself was featured last summer when the new Captain Morgan Lime Bite came out. Featuring the Lime Bite, and being during the summer, when Shark Week came around on the Discovery Channel this was one of the featured shots of Shark Week. After that I tried this shot, then turned the recipe slightly, and this is my version of the Lime Bite Squeeze.
- 1 ounce Captain Morgan Lime Bite
- .5 ounce Triple Sec
- Splash Orange Juice
Lime Bite Squeeze
- Okay, So the first step on this tasty drink is getting a mixer, or a glass that you will prepare this drink in.
- Following step 1, now you should fill the cup or mixer with ice.
- Now that you have a glass, or mixer, you should add the alcohol. First you should pour in the 1 ounce of Captain Morgan Lime Bite.
- After the Lime Bite, now you can add the Triple Sec. You are going to add .5 ounce of Triple Sec to the mixer. The brand I use of Triple Sec is Hiram Walker. The brand does not necessarily matter, and at BJ's Hiram Walker Triple Sec cost $5.00 for 750 ML. So you can find a good deal on this portion.
- Now shake your ingredients. You can also stir the cup if you are not using a cocktail shaker. You do not have to overkill this shaking process so that you do not overkill the shot with water.
- After shaking, now strain the shot into a shot glass. As said above do not shake to much or you will dilute the drink significantly.
- After you have strained the drink into a shot glass now you must add the final touch. Now add a splash of orange juice to the shot glass. This will give your drink the orange color, along with adding a distinct taste truly topping of your drink. ( The orange juice I was using in this drink is Florida Natural, but any Orange juice brand is perfectly Okay.)
- Now the most important step. You may drink. You can do one of two things. You can throw the drink back to start that party. Or you can sip the shot and make it last as a tasty drink. Either way this drink is a great addition to any party, and will add that special addition to any occasion.
This drink is something that i really enjoy, and is truly different than anything you are used to. The orange juice adds an orange citrus flavor. The Hiram Walker Triple Sec will add that Orange Liqueur. The Captain Morgan Lime Bite will add a touch of Lime, along with the traditional Captain Morgan Taste that everyone has grown to love.
Overall this shot is something that everyone should experience. Whether you are a social drinker, or only drink once in a while, this drink will add a special touch to your day, and is a very enjoyable drink for anyone.Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy your new tasty drink.