Make Your Evenings Special, With Refreshing Coffee and Delicious Walnut, Cinnamon Cupcakes
Interesting quotes about cupcakes:
1. There is nothing, a cupcake and coffee can’t solve.
—Marie Williams Johnstone.
2. Happiness is only a cupcake away.
Whenever you are feeling low, go, bake cupcakes—One of my family’s favourite.
Cooking is an expression of love for those, who love and care for you. This is the easiest way to win their hearts.
Besides that, cooking is a creative art, with numerous possibilities. With a little imagination, one can do wonders.
I have often found that cooking is able to divert your mind, if you are feeling low or stressed out. Because, you get the joy of creating. Therefore, it can also be counted as a wonderful therapy. Try it, to believe it.
I love to spend some quiet moments with my family, with a hot cup of coffee and some homemade snacks.
Here is an easy cupcake recipe, which is my family’s favourite. No frosting, no special flavours. Just an easy and simple cupcake recipe.
Please review my cupcakes recipe
Ingredients: For Walnut, Cinnamon Cupcake recipe
- Half cup castor sugar
- Half cup olive oil or sunflower oil
- Two large eggs
- One cup self raising flour
- One teaspoon cinnamon powder
- One teaspoon vanilla essence
- Two to three walnuts, broken
- One teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 120 degrees Celsius, for about 20 minutes. (Convert the temperature settings, according to your oven).
- Assemble all the ingredients, as instructed above.
- Combine sugar and sunflower oil in a bowl. When it’s smooth, combine the eggs. Add the flour, vanilla essence, broken walnuts. Mix everything thoroughly, till smooth. Finally, add the baking powder.
- Grease a cupcake baking tray and pour the prepared mixture evenly. Tap the tray, so that the mixture settles. You can decorate with finely cut nuts, if you like.
- Bake for around 25 to 30 minutes, at 120 degrees Celsius. Insert a toothpick to check, after 30 minutes, if the cakes are done. Enjoy, while they are still hot, with coffee.
Interesting quotes about cupcakes
1. You can’t be sad, when you are holding a cupcake.
2. When you share a cupcake, you share love.
3. When you look at a cupcake, you have to smile.
Ready to serve cupcakes with coffee.
The highlight of these cupcakes is, that I haven’t added butter, but the healthy sunflower oil. You can even make it with olive oil.
It also contains, the nutritious walnuts and the goodness of cinnamon.
The cupcake recipe described above, is the basic recipe for making cupcakes. But, there can be unlimited variations. Here are some of them, which are easy to try.
- Add fresh, grated carrots in the mixture. For the above mentioned amount, one cup will be good enough.
- Add some fresh, grated lemon rind. For the above mentioned amount, one tablespoon will be good enough.
- Add some finely cut orange peels. For the above mentioned amount, one tablespoon will be good enough.
- Add some blueberries, cut into halves. For the above mentioned amount around twelve blueberries would be fine. Two blueberries in each cupcake.
- Chocolate chips is another variation. It‘s everyone’s favourite too.
Since, I want to keep it light and low in calories, I avoid frosting, unless it’s a birthday party or some similar occasion. But then again, it’s an individual choice. Go for it, if you like it. For the frosting, the cake should be cooled down first. But, I like it hot, straight out of the oven.
Just enjoy your evening time, with your family, with homemade coffee and cupcakes.
Crazy cupcakes, Source: YouTube
© 2019 Chitrangada Sharan