- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Make your own sushi gummy candy
If you are considering in making some candy gummy sushi then you have to know that there are two types of sushi that you can choose from they are the maki rolls and the fish topped nigiri or if you prefer you can make both of them also. Gummy sushi candy is easy to make than how it looks the only thing that you have to do is choose a sushi and then just take away the instructions for each of the sushi that you are going to make. For this recipe you are able to make 2 dozen of the sushi maki rolls and 2 dozen of the nigiri.
These are perfect treat snacks for a party and you are surely going to WOW! your party guests as well when they try out these delicious sushi gummy candy.
Something about sushi
My opinion about sushi which is a typical Japanese food has changed over the years before I used to think that sushi was a bad food and that it tasted bad with me just looking at them. But when I tried them for real one day at a Asian restaurant buffet that is when I started liking sushi.
Some interesting facts
- About 80% of the worlds blue fin tuna catch is used for sushi.
- Sushi first dates back to the second century AD it started as a way to preserve fish in China.
- A sushi chef by the name of Itamae had to take ten years of training before he could begin working at a restaurant. Up to today there is a huge demand for skilled food artists that a lot of the people when they finish their two year training they start to work.
Some useful advice for first time sushi eaters
If you are new to sushi like how I was before and you are curious to try it but you do not know where to start or what is it that you might end up liking or you have tried it before but you did not actually know if you liked it for reals. I am not trying to boss anyone on how to eat sushi that is not what I want to do the only thing that I want to do is offer some advice that will help other people on how they can enjoy the sushi and also think about when will be the right time to have some sushi.
Something that you can do before eating raw seafood on your first time then is to go for the well cooked foods first until you feel comfortable in trying some raw seafood. It may be surprising to find out that not all of the sushi is raw for example the Eel unagi and anago is always rather served when it is cooked. There are some people that usually eat it with sweet and savory sauce. While the California rolls come in with fresh avocado, cucumber, and cooked imitation crab meat in other words it is also called ( kamaboko, surimi )
What you need
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 cups miniature marhsmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 20 gummy worms
- 2 boxes green colored fruit roll ups
- 30 fish shaped gummy candies
With sushi begin eating what you know this type of Asian food is not that different as you may think it is from eating any type of fish it is not cooked at all. Salmon is a type of fish seafood if you like it grilled, smoked, or cured then a salmon sushi should not be that complicated to try. If you want you can try to eat some vegetarian sushi just to get into the sushi mode choose the sushi that does not contain any meat at all the type of vegetarian sushi that I recommend to you is the Kappa Maki which is also called cucumber sushi rolls and as soon as you try these sushi rolls it helps you get used to the taste of these foods and then you might want to venture out and eat other sushi foods as well so it sounds really good in my opinion.
Try to eat the foods that have less fish intensity on them for example the milder foods are a good choice to start some of the foods such as the scallop (hotategai), red snapper tai, squid ika and the halibut ohyo are mild foods that you can eat and awesome for sushi beginner eaters. One of the main rules that you might want to have in mind while eating mild sushi food is less oil less fishy.
Step by step cooking instructions
- Get a 12x17 baking sheet use a wax paper to line and then spray the paper with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter in a large microwave safe bowl microwave the butter for 45 seconds until it completely melts.
- Now take some miniature marshmallows and add a bunch in 2 cups add them in the bowl and microwave them until all of the marshmallows are melted for about 1 minute then you stirr them for 30 seconds keep on stirring till the mixture is smooth.
- With 3 cups put a handful of the rice crispies and stir until they are fully coated the next thing you will do is pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet then spray some nonsticky cooking spray to your hands. Press the candy into a thin layer of sheet o
- Work your way to the edge of the sheet since the mixture will only cover about half of the cooking sheet. In the short part of the cooking sheet near you place a pair of gummy worms then do the same below until you have a line of worms stretching across the baking sheet.
- Now roll the cereal mixture around the gummy worms by using a waxed paper to assist you in doing this. Make sure that as you are doing this press the rolls tightly and firmly get a large sharp knife and separate the log away from the mixture. Take it to the side keep on doing the roll/ cut /worms steps for the rest of the cereals that is left.
- Take the logs and cut them into 1-inch rounds then wrap each round in a strip of green colored roll up. If you want to make some fish topped nigiri follow steps 1-4 in order to create the rice candy base but be careful not to press the mixture rice so thin. The rolls should be 3/4 inch thick when they are well pressed into the baking sheet. Finally you are going to cut the candy in rectangles in 3/4 inches by 15 inches put a candy fish into each of the rectangles and then wrap them with green fruit roll up around the entire package. If you want your sushi plate to look authentic add in some chocolate sauce as the soy for the sushi, green tinted whipped cream or the melted white chocolate to make for substitution for the wasabi and then cut some pink fish as the pickled ginger.