An alcoholic milkshake recipe.
The Cheeky Milkshake
This mysteriously pink drink is very simple, versatile and a definite 'must-try' for any milkshake lovers. Beware though, as it is a lot stronger than it tastes!
- 2 25ml Shots Vodka
- 1 cup full Milk
- Double Cream
- 2/3 Ice Cubes, (optional)
- Cocoa Powder, (optional)
- Strawberry Syrup
- A tall glass
- A spoon
- A cocktail shaker
- Straws to decorate.
Making the cheeky milkshake
- Put a small dash of strawberry syrup in the bottom of a tall glass, (I usually pour in enough for it to be about 1cm tall, though it does depend how sweet you like your drinks.)
- Add the two shots of vodka.
- If you would like to add ice, add a few cubes now.
- Top up the glass with milk, leaving a little space for the cream to float on top.
- Stir well with a spoon.
- Put a little double cream in a cocktail shaker. Close lid. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. (Shaking the cream adds air and makes it thick enough to float on top of the cocktail.)
- Pour the shaken double cream over the top of the cocktail. Move the shaker in a circular motion around the glass as you pour to get an even coverage and limit the chances of the cream sinking. If you have the correct cream consistency, it should sit on top.
- Decorate the top of the cocktail with a sprinkle of cocoa powder (optional.)
This is such a tasty drink, that the alcohol is not easily detected, but if you are not a vodka fan, then why not try this cocktail with some chocolate or raspberry liquor as a replacement.