- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy and Edible Christmas Pretzel Wreath
Let's get started!
The edible Christmas wreath is a quick and delicious gift you can make for teachers, family and friends at holiday time. It is an inexpensive, fun project for children, as well as adults. There is no limit to the way wreaths can be individually decorated to represent the giver’s tastes and creative ability.
This project is as simple as melting the chocolate, arranging the pretzels and decorating the finished wreath.
- Mini-pretzel twists
- White Chocolate (chips or disks)
- Candy sprinkles, M&Ms or whatever you choose for decorations. Licorice whips or Fruit Roll-ups
- Melt your chocolate chips or disks in the microwave. For a small bowl of chocolate, this will take anywhere between 30 and 60 seconds. (White chocolate is used in the examples, but any color or flavor of chocolate can be used.) CAUTION HOT! Bowl and chocolate should be handled with care.
- Stir chocolate. Dip a mini pretzel about halfway. Shake off excess chocolate.
- On waxed paper or tin foil, place 6 dipped pretzels in a circle making sure the chocolate parts touch.
- Stagger a second layer of 6 dipped pretzels on top of the first.
- Decorate your wreath with candy, sprinkles, licorice whips or the edible décor of your choice. For sprinkles and candy, it is best to add when the chocolate is still warm. Use licorice or Fruit Roll Ups for ribbon. Let the wreath harden for 20 minutes before lifting and lacing.
Wreaths can be made bigger than 6 pretzels. A third layer can be added if so desired.
Store finished wreaths in plastic zipped baggies for freshness.