- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Mango Strawberry Cream Dessert
Have you ever craved for something you don´t know yet? Something sweet, cold and fluffy that you can feel inside your mouth? You don´t know what it is, but it´s what you would like to have at the moment.
It was a very hot sunny afternoon with a temperature of 31° C when I was in my home country. I was tired and exhausted after writing some articles for hubpages which I was planning to publish after editing them. I got up from my chair and looked inside the kitchen cupboard for something edible to eat. I´m not fond of having a snack, but at that time I craved for something to ease myself from the hotness of the weather. Something cold and delicious and I did not know what it was, yet.
There were not much something to eat for a snack inside the kitchen cupboard besides a pack of Graham crackers, a can of strawberry pie filling and a can of condensed milk. It´s not common to store a lot of food at home in the Philippines like we do in Germany as we buy food fresh from the market. There´s always somebody who go to the market for me when I don´t like to do it myself.
The 3 items from the kitchen cupboard was not enough to make anything I have done before, so I inspected the refrigerator. Luckily, I found ripe mangoes and a box of all purpose cream. Being hungry made my brain cells working too much to find something yummy. I was thinking about making Tiramisu but with mangoes and strawberry pie filling? No way!
Here´s the outcome of my craving. Mango Strawberry Cream Dessert. I hope you will like it.
Some of the IngredientsClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 3 or 5 pieces mangoes, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 can strawberry pie fillings or fresh strawberries
- 1 can condensed milk, big and chilled
- 1 pack 200 gram Graham Crackers
- 1 pack all purpose cream, chilled
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Cut in both sides. Set the seeds aside as you might want to eat the fruit meat out of the seeds. Slice the mangoes into length sizes.
- Open the can of strawberry pie fillings or use washed fresh strawberries when they are in season.
- Put together the chilled all purpose cream and the chilled condenced milk in a bowl and mix well.
- Make the first layer by lining the Graham Crackers at the bottom of a big flat baking form, a pyrex bowl or a tupperware. Fill in the cream and condensed milk mixture on top just to cover the crackers. Add the strawberry pie fillings. Then cover them with the Graham Crackers.
- For the second layer, add the cream mixture just to cover the strawberry pie fillings and the crackers. Add the mango slices. Then cover them with the crackers. Add the cream mixture.
- Decorate the Mango Strawberry Cream Dessert with the remaining mangoes sliced into cubes. If there are still strawberry pie fillings or you are using fresh strawberries, add them to the decoration. Add some Graham Crackers crumbs (make the crumbs from the remaining crackers) as well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Enjoy!
Step by StepClick thumbnail to view full-size
Remaining Mango Strawberry Cream In A Glass BowlClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Use strawberry pie filling only when you have no other choice. Fresh strawberries are still the best when it comes to making this dessert.
- You can use any sizes of baking form or pyrex bowl. When I made this dessert I used another form like the glass bowl above besides the tupperware, as there was still mango strawberry pie cream left.
- You can use canned ripe mangoes if you can´t find a fresh one.
- It´s better to have more mango fruits and strawberries left than having less fruits at all.
- You can use natural yogurt instead of condensed milk.
- Cover the bowl when chilling this dessert in the refrigerator.
I hope you like this dessert recipe and please let me know how´d you like it by giving a comment. Thanks for stopping by.
How To Cut Fresh Ripe Mango
Other Hubs From The Same Author
- The Beautiful Places in Co. Mayo, Ireland
This article is about our journey to Ireland from Germany-Rotterdam, Netherland-Holyhead, England, living and working in Ireland.
- Tagaytay City, Amazing Tourists Attraction In The Philippines
Tagaytay City is an amazing place to visit which is overlooking one of the active volcanoes in the Philippines. Taal Volcano is located in the middle of Taal Lake. Travelling to Tagaytay City and seeing an awesome scenic view of our mother nature is
- How To Massage Your Face And Its Benefits
This article is a guide to how to do self facial massage and what benefits can we get in doing so.
- Traditional German Breakfast
Have you ever been to Germany for a holiday and have experienced German breakfast? Well if not, let me tell you the typical German breakfast.
- How To Make Croissant Sandwiches
Have you eaten such a delicious Croissant Sandwiches? Well, here are a few easy homemade Croissant Sandwiches even a child can make at home.
© 2012 Thelma Alberts