Recipe for How to Make Maple Roasted Chicken
Maple roasted chicken
Maple roasted chicken is so scrumptious. Contained here in this hub is a recipe for how to make maple roasted chicken, with maple syrup. The inspiration for this maple roasted chicken recipe is the Boston Market rotisserie chicken which I love. I looked up the nutritional facts for those Boston Market chickens to see what is used to make them taste so very good.
The main ingredients for the seasoning are both salt and sugar. I had roasted many chickens and had never put sugar on one before. I decided to give it a try for this maple roasted chicken recipe.
- So when you think about how to make maple roasted chicken, keep in mind that is a bit sweet.
- You can significantly reduce the amount of sweet ingredients added to suit your dietary needs if necessary.
Making a maple roasted chicken has become one of my favorite ways to prepare a roasted chicken. I also very much enjoy cooking roasted chicken with orange slices as I discuss in another recipe hub.
Cooking with maple syrup
- I usually recommend a Perdue oven stuffer chicken for roasting. Wash the chicken well with water and a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Make sure that all giblets have been removed and wash the bird's cavity as well.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and rub with a variety of spices and seasoning powders, You can use 1 teaspoon of jerk seasoning if it is easy to find where you are located as well as more common seasonings such as
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinammon
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
This may seem like a lot but you will be imparting a lot of delicious flavor and your chicken will be anything but bland.
4. After you have rubbed all of the seasoning generously on the chicken, bake in a roasting pan in an oven preheated to 400 degrees.
5. After the first 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 375 and remove the chicken from the oven to baste it. Pour some of the chicken's drippings on top of the chicken so that it does not get dried out and burned at the top while cooking. At this point, also take 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and spread on the chicken skin with a glazing brush.
6. Return the chicken to the oven and after an additional 20 minutes of cooking time, reduce the heat once more, now to 350. Remove the chicken from the oven again and glaze once more with another 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
7. Return the chicken to the oven and after 50-60 more minutes remove.
This slow roasting process will make the chicken very tender and delicious. Total time in the oven for a 6-7 pound chicken is approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Please rate this chicken recipe
Slow cooked maple-roast chicken recipe from Waitrose
Maple Glazed Chicken recipe video
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH