Recipe : Fillet of Beef Marchand De Vin
Marchand De Vin is a tasty wine and butter sauce typically made with beef broth or gravy and chopped onions, this sauce is delicious with steak.
3 pounds tenderloin beef
Pinch of coarse pepper
Half bottle red wine
10 small bunch broccoli
1 teaspoon salt
- Tie beef round with string and marinate with salt and coarse pepper for 30 mins
- Sauté beef till turning slight golden brown
- Stir fry shallot to golden brown
- Add red wine and bake beef and shallot in oven at 250 degree for 30 mins
- Sieve oil and residue from the sauce when finished baking; add water and flour to make sauce
- Mash the cooked potatoes, roll into small rolls and spread flour evenly when cool
- Dip rolls into egg white and bread crumbs then deep dry till golden brown
- Slice beef and add sauce, garnish dish with shallots and broccoli and potato rolls.
Get the hardcover version of the book here
- My Dad was a chef, a great chef! | By Stephen Sui | Category: Biographies & Memoirs | Blurb
Dad served 4 governors, from preparing finger food to dinner parties for the Kings and Queens and many foreign dignitaries in a time span of more than 30 years. There were stressful moments and interesting anecdotes.
Get the E-book here
- My Dad was a Chef, a great chef! by Stephen Sui in Biographies & Memoirs
A more affordable electronic version