BBQ Flank Steak Marinade Recipe
Try this Marinated Steak Recipe
Anytime of year, its a great time to grill! Anytime of year, it is time to enjoy this marinated BBQ flank steak recipe. This is a great, easy recipe that you can start in the morning and toss over the flame in the evening for a quick, delicious tender steak meal.
We've been enjoying marinated flank steak bfor years. We take it to Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and everything in between!
Be aware, however, that this recipe is fairly salty. Some people love this aspect of the marinated flank BBQ flank steak recipe, while others might prefer something milder. If its too overwhelming, try cutting down the soy sauce by 1/4 cup. Moreover, flank steak is tenderized by the marinade, and not too expensive!
Ingredients for BBQ Flank Steak Marinade Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (increase to 1/2 t. for more heat)
- 2 pound beef flank steak (trimmed and washed, patted dry)
- You will also need a large plastic storage bag in which to marinate the meat
More "How To's" for Flank Steak from the Today Show
Directions for Marinated BBQ Flank Steak
- In a large, heavy freezer bag, combine marinating ingredients. Take flank steak and, after trimming fat, washing and patting dry, score several times on top and bottom. Add to marinade. Seal bag and set into bowl and refrigerate. Chill at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours. Turn occasionally.
- When ready to grill, carefully lift steak from marinade bag. Save marinade and pour into saucepan. Lay steak onto gas grill over high heat. Close lid. Depending on desired temperature, cook each side approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. This is very important as the meat will continue cooking and the juices will run through.
- While the meat is resting, bring the remaining marinade to a boil.
- Cut meat into slices diagonally. Serve with marinade.
Cook Time for BBQ Flank Steak
Where is Flank Steak from?
Where does the "flank steak" come from? Generally, it can be found on the stomach (belly) side of a cow. The cut is generally, flat and long and not too tough, although marinating it will help make it tender and enjoyable. Most importantly, it is among the most affordable cuts! When buying flank steak, make sure that it has a bright red color.
Other Recipe Suggestions for Marinated Flank Steak
A great suggestion for marinated BBQ flank steak leftovers (or even for first courses) is to put the steak over salad. What ever type of greens you enjoy is a great place to start. We've enjoyed the meat with caesar salad, or a nice green salad with grape tomatoes, red onions, swiss cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.
Salad aside, it is a delicious main course. Potato salad is a great compliment, as are sauteed vegetables. Serve with toasted french bread!
Give this Flank Steak Recipe a Star!
© 2008 Stephanie Hicks