Beautiful Marzipan Cake
This recipe has been sent to me by a very close friend of mine. His name is Ørjan G. Bjørnådal. He is from Norway. He is not only a very good cook but also a professional football player. He plays for a second division club in Norway. He loves to bake and his specialties in cooking include cakes and other baked goods. He has been gracious enough to let me publish one of his recipes on my blogs. For those who do not know what Marzipan is , then the definition of Marzipan is that it is a confection consisting primarily of sugar or honey and almond meal, sometimes augmented with almond oil or extract. It is often made into sweets; common uses are marzipan-filled chocolate and small marzipan imitations of fruits and vegetables. It is also rolled into thin sheets and glazed for icing cakes, primarily birthday and wedding cakes and Christmas cakes.
So here is the recipe in words of my good friend Ørjan G. Bjørnådal
Marzipan cake is usually baked around Christmas and it is not only easy to make but also very tasty. Children love it all over the world. Even though it has cream and jam but surprisingly it is not very hard for the stomach and can be easily digested. But it does have calories so caution is needed and should be eaten in moderation.
For the cake
1. 1 sugar bread
2. 0.75 L whipping cream
3. 2 tablespoons sugar
4. 3 tablespoons -RASPBERRY JAM
5. 3 tablespoons APRICOT JAM
6. 250 Grams MARZIPAN
For SUGAR BREAD
1. 5 eggs
2. 150 Grams sugar
3. 150 Grams Flour
4. 1Tbsp baking powder
For making Sugar bread
1. Take a big bowl.
2. Break all eggs in the bowl.
3. Add sugar and mix well with eggs till the mixture is still and fluffy.
4. In another bowl put flour and baking powder and mix it by stirring.
5. Now add this flour mixture in egg mixture.
6. Stir the mixture till they are properly mixed.
7. Now take a baking dish which should be round to give a round shape to the cake. It should have about 24 cm diameter.
8. Grease the baking dish with butter and pour the mixture in to it.
9. Now put this dish in to the over at 160 centigrade for 45 minutes.
10. After 45 minutes, take it out and cool the sugar bread on a rack.
For Making Cake:
1. Now once the sugar bread is cooled, cut it horizontally in to three.
2. Now in a bowl whip the whipping cream and sugar stiffly.
3. Now take one piece of sugar bread and place it on a plate.
4. Now spread raspberry Jam on the bottom of the sugar bread.
5. Put whipped cream sugar mixture on top.
6. Now take another piece of the sugar bread and put apricot jam at its bottom and put this below the other piece of sugar bread which already has raspberry jam.
7. Now add the third piece of the sugar bread below the apricot side of the sugar bread.
8. Now apply thin layer of cream all over the sugar bread and on sides too.
9. Now roll the marzipan in to thin pieces.
10. Now roll a stick on them so they stick on the stick.
11. Now place the Marzipan all around the cake till the bottom of the cake.
12. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh fruit.